for a short dalliance with some cotton fabric (and batting).
Some of my knitting friends kept singing the praises of these little “bowlie” things- to hold bowls full of hot soup, stew, etc.
And the pattern seemed pretty simple, so I thought I’d give it a go.
(I still have lots of cotton fabric on hand from my quilting phase- it’s hard to let go of that kind of stuff!)
So I went back to my fabric bin, and found some coordinating bits.
After cutting out the squares of fabric and batting, I got down to business with the sewing machine
They came together pretty quickly-
Sewing is so fast (compared to knitting)!
They should be really nice for the containers I take my lunch to work in
Yay! Let’s hear it for the long-dormant quilting fabric stash!
Ok, now back to our regular programming.
Argyle progress continues apace
And I’m getting a lot better at this right-handed knitting thing!
Kind of a nice tool to have in your back pocket when you aren’t in a purling kind of mood 🙂