Hey hey hey- Electric Spinner motor and controller are on their way.
Should be here tomorrow, and then we can start figuring out how this thingee is going to work.
In the meantime, I’ll share a mod I’ve made to the Kromski Sonata flyer that we’re going to be using for the e-spinner project.
Right now this flyer is on my lateral treadle wheel that The Man built for me a few years ago.
It works well, and is very sturdy, but I’ve always found the hooks kind of annoying.
I didn’t realize when I selected this flyer that the hooks pivot.
I think that it must be to give you a little more lateral flexibility in how the yarn winds on. It’s fine for heavier yarns, but with finer singles I find that I can’t get a good even application of yarn on the bobbin. I get little hills, with valleys in-between.
Amazingly, I found that the hooks pull easily from the flyer arms, so I didn’t have to fuss at all over the removal. Nice.
And I have fitted on of the arms with a makeshift sliding yarn guide.
Pretty simple fix. And working well so far!