Down to the Buttons

The Chone Burr project is off the needles and fully assembled!


And I am pleased 🙂

It turned out well, I think, and fits nicely, though the sleeves are a little slim (Or maybe my arms are just thick)

I’m glad I went with the 44″ size for the shoulder space, but it could probably have used a bit more waist shaping, as it is a little boxy.
But I do love it. And it is 99% done.

Here is a shot of the collar detail-


And here is one of my lovely sleeve caps-


I used to be a little afraid of set in sleeves and sewn together sweaters, but I think I’m finally getting the hang of it. It was actually almost enjoyable putting this together!

(You are not imagining things, the cap of that sleeve is a bit darker than the neighboring pieces. A little natural variation in Chone wool coloration that I didn’t notice until it was all assembled.)

So it was another good Brooklyn Tweed pattern experience. And I even learned a new technique- the stem stitch bind-off (used around the buttonband and collar). Work out great and might come in handy for other projects.

Now I need the perfect buttons.

I’m not sure what that means yet, but I’m sure I’ll know them when I see them.


    • denisemor

      thanks Donna. I love it too. Once it’s 100% complete I’ll have to do a little photo shoot with Chone 🙂


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.