- Broken Table
- Double Table
- Split Table
- “SWSO“(spinning wheel shaped object)
- Single Treadle vs. Double Treadle
- Single Drive vs. Double Drive
- Tensioning System: screw, tilt, other
- Size of wheel, Ratios
- In single drive, your drive band is directly contacting either the flyer or the bobbin,
- In double drive, your drive band is contacting both flyer and bobbin
- In single drive, the difference in rotational speeds of the bobbin and flyer is caused by a brake band on one or the other.
- In double drive, the difference in rotational speeds is dictated by the difference in diameter of bobbin and flyer pulleys.
- Flyer –lead: driveband moves the flyer, brakeband on the bobbin
- Bobbin-lead: driveband moves the bobbin, brakeband on the flyer
- Driveband makes two loops, one around flyer pulley, and one around bobbin pulley.